PM Kisan Yojana by the Government of India is a new digital way for farmers to access various services, information, and other benefits from the Union Government directly.
This is a part of the Government’s Digital India Initiative. It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25th November 2016 in New Delhi.
Table of Contents
Purpose of PM Kisan Registration
The main purpose of the scheme is to give subsidies to farmers online directly in their bank accounts and has been named after former Prime Minister of India, late Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri, who had launched a popular entitlement scheme for the farmers of India called “Kisan Samman Nidhi” in 1965.
PM Kisan Yojana
The scheme would be applicable to all 14.5 crore farmers in India. Every Indian farmer is eligible to apply for the scheme.
On the launch day itself, about 73 lakh applications were received for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
Documents Needed for PM Kisan Registration
To register for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, an applicant needs to have
- A bank account under Jan Dhan Yojana
- Aadhar card and Mobile number linked to the bank account
- Original documents of land owned by the applicant
- Other required documents like Aadhar card copy, Voter Id card, PAN card Number, etc. can be attached along with the land documents.
Benefits of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- The scheme intends to assist small and marginal farmers.
- Small and marginal farmers who own less than 2 hectares of land will receive Rs 6,000 per year.
- On the other hand, farmers owning between 2-10 hectares of land will receive Rs 3,000 per year.
- Farmers owning more than 10 hectares of land will receive Rs 5,000 per year under this scheme.
- The scheme also provides for the benefit of Rs 50,000 life insurance cover to all registered farmers in India.
How to apply in PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
- Visit www.pmkisan.gov.in.
- Click on the tab “Registration”
- A new page will appear with various tabs. Click on the “Log in” tab
- Choose the language i.e., either Hindi or English
- A new page will appear showing various services, click on “Enroll now for PM KISAN Samman Nidhi”
- new page will appear with various fields. Fill the mandatory fields with correct details.
- “Applicant’s Mobile Number”, “Applicant’s Aadhar Number” and “Name of the family member receiving payment” are mandatory fields.
- Click on submit button
- A new page will appear showing the details filled by you.
- Attach Aadhar card copy, Land documents, etc. which are mandatory.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- After clicking on Submit, a new page will appear with two options. One is “Print E-receipt” which will give a printout of the form submitted and another option is to click on “Payment History” which will show the payment made.
- How to check the beneficiary status in PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
- For checking the status of the beneficiary, visit www.pmkisan.gov.in
- Click on the “Track Application Status” tab
- Enter the required details i.e., Aadhar Number or Mobile Number.
- After clicking on the “Submit” button, the result will be displayed showing the status of the beneficiary.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a boon for Indian farmers as it would give them Rs 6,000 per year. If you are an Indian farmer then you can also apply for this scheme to get benefits under it.