In a move to provide more financial assistance to students in the state of Bihar, the Indian government has introduced the MNSSBY – Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana.
This program will provide eligible students with credit cards that can be used for educational expenses. Read on to learn more about this new program and how you may be able to apply for a card.
Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana 2022
How To Apply Under MNSSBY – Bihar Student Credit Card
The best way to apply for a credit card is to fill out an application online. Interested applicants will also need a valid Aadhaar card and bank account in order to complete the application process.
First, you will need to visit the website of the Department of Financial Services. From there, click on ‘Apply for Credit Card’ under the ‘Banking’ section. From there, you should be able to get all of the information needed to start your application.
Eligibility For MNSSBY – Bihar Student Credit Card
To be eligible for this card, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must hold an Aadhaar number.
- You must be enrolled in a state or central educational institution.
- You must have an active bank account.
- You must be above 25 ages
- You must be a Bihar resident
- You must be either an undergraduate or a postgraduate student
Approved Educational Expenses for MNSSBY – Bihar Student Credit Card
This card is meant to help students pay for higher education expenses. Some approved educational expenses are:
- Tuition fees
- Books and uniforms
- Stationeries (including photocopying)
- Computer lab or seminar fees
- Transportation costs (such as bus and railway fees)
- Hostel fees
- Fees for any on-campus or off-campus internships
- Expenses for any on-campus or off-campus research work
- Medical costs (including medical insurance)
- Cooperative education fee
- Fees for any state or national level entrance test preparation
- Registration fees for any professional body exams
- Other fees are approved by the government
Documents Required for MNSSBY – Bihar Student Credit Card
In addition to filling out the online application, applicants will also need to provide photocopies of the following documents:
- Photo identification (Your parents and candidate)
- Proof of Aadhaar card of your and your parents
- Proof of full-time enrolment
- A letter of recommendation
- Proof of bank account of your parents and candidate i.e bank Passbook
- Passport size photo of your parents (2)
- passport size photo of candidate (5)
- Caste Certificate, if you belongs to OBC, SC,ST
- Awasiya of candiate
- College Bonafide i.e provided by your college
Note- Go with all your original certificate of class 10th, 12th passing mark sheet. All the document should be original, not photocopy.
How To Check Credit Limit MNSSBY – Bihar Student Credit Card
Once approved, applicants will receive an email within 10 days. This email will include information on how to activate the card. Once activated, you can check your credit limit and available credit from the e-statement section on the official website.
Benefits of MNSSBY – Bihar Student Credit Card
The government has made it easy for you to apply for a credit card by providing an online application. Benefits of having this card include:
- A 4% interest rate on educational expenses
- No minimum balance requirement
- A credit card that can be used at all locations that accept MasterCard and Maestro
- A 24×7 assistance helpline
- The ability to block your card online
MNSSBY – Bihar Student Credit Card is designed to help students in the state of Bihar pay for educational expenses.
This card comes with a number of benefits, including a low-interest rate and no minimum balance requirement. Applicants can learn more about this card by visiting the official website.
|Bihar Student Credit Card Application Form [PDF]||Registration Form | Login|
|Bihar Student Credit Card Application Status||Click Here|
|Bihar Student Credit Card College List 2020||Click Here|
|Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme 2022||Official Website|
|Yojana||बिहार स्टुडेन्ट क्रेडिट कार्ड / स्वयं सहायता भत्ता / कुशल युवा कार्यक्रम (MNSSBY)|
|Scheme Objective||Grant of loan for higher education to students|