The agricultural sector is one of the most important sectors in India. It not only provides employment to a large number of people but also plays a vital role in food security and rural development.
The government has been taking various measures to promote agriculture and increase its contribution to the country’s economy.
One such measure is the introduction of government jobs in the agriculture sector in India 2022. These jobs offer good pay and other benefits, making them attractive for candidates looking for a career in this field.
In this article, we will take a closer look at government jobs in the agriculture sector in India, including their eligibility criteria and selection process. We will also discuss the various benefits offered by these jobs.
So, if you are interested in pursuing a career in agriculture, read on! 😇
Table of Contents
Government Agriculture Sector 2022
The government operates various organizations related to agriculture and allied sectors. Some of these units are:
- Department of Agriculture
- Central Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute
- Central Potato Research Institute
- National Dairy Development Board
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Indian Council for Forestry Research
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education
- National Seeds Corporation Limited
- Directorate of Rice Development
- NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
So, if you meet the eligibility criteria and possess the required academic qualifications, you can apply for government agriculture jobs in India.
There is no age limit for applying to these jobs. You must, however, have a bachelor’s degree in agriculture or any related stream from a recognized university.
Diploma holders can also apply, provided they possess at least two years of relevant experience in working in the agricultural sector or related field.
Candidates who have cleared the compulsory state civil services examination conducted by the concerned recruitment board are eligible to apply for these agricultural jobs.
Candidates who have graduated in agricultural science from a recognized institution or have completed one year’s training in agriculture under government sponsorship can also apply. You must, however, have passed Class X or its equivalent examination with English as one of the subjects.
You can also apply for these jobs if you are a scientific assistant, research assistant, graduate (agriculture) and agricultural scientist.
The selection process for government jobs in the field of agriculture somewhat depends on which organization you are applying to. However, there is generally a written test and/ or an interview conducted to select the final candidates.
If you are selected for these jobs, you will be appointed as a junior agriculture officer. You will then have to undergo training for three months, which will be followed by a probation period of six months.
If you successfully complete this probation period, you will be confirmed in service.
Benefits of Joining Government Jobs in the Agriculture Sector 2022
As mentioned above, government jobs in the agriculture sector offer good pay and other benefits. Some of the major benefits are listed below:
- Separate allowance for agricultural field duty
- Higher allowance for field duty
- Free medical treatment at any government hospital
- Provision for family pension to one member of the employee’s family in case of death
- Gratuity After 10 years of service
- Provision for group insurance schemes
- Paid leave up to 48 days per year
- Paid maternity leave up to six months
- Provision for study leave at subsidised rates
- Free railway pass
- Career advancement opportunities
So, if you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, you should definitely apply for these jobs as they can help you secure a stable future.
Top Agriculture Colleges in India for Government Jobs
If you wish to pursue a career in agriculture, you must complete your bachelor’s degree from one of the top agriculture colleges in India. Some of the top agriculture colleges in India are listed below:
- Pusha College of Agriculture
- Rajendranagar Agricultural University College of Veterinary Sciences, Hyderabad
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
- Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nashik
- Government Multi Super Specialty College, Raipur
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Veterinary College and Research Institute, Uttarakhand
So, if you wish to apply for government jobs in the agriculture sector, you can choose any of these top colleges.
Life in Government Jobs in India – Agriculture Sector
If you apply for one of the government jobs in India, you can choose to work with national-level agricultural companies like the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) and National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR).
You can also choose to work for organizations like Uttar Pradesh Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Indira Gandhi Agricultural University and National Dairy Research Institute.
Alternatively, you can choose to work with state-level organizations like Punjab Agro Industries Corporation, Assam Agricultural University and Haryana Agricultural University.
Agricultural Jobs – How it’s Different from Other Sectors
Agricultural jobs are always considered to be stable. However, there is a lot of difference when it comes to government jobs in India.
The salary package you get in government jobs is usually much higher than that which you get in private jobs. The salary of a research assistant in the government sector is around Rs.20,000 per month.
FAQs on Government Jobs in Agriculture
1. Is there a high demand for government jobs in the agriculture sector?
There is a huge demand for agricultural graduates in the Indian market. There are many vacancies for agricultural graduates, especially at the junior level.
2. Is there a written test or interview conducted for government jobs in India?
In most cases, there is a written test or interview conducted for government jobs in India. For example, the written test and interview process is usually conducted for the post of research assistant in government jobs.
3. What are the documents needed to apply for agricultural jobs?
To apply for a job in the agriculture sector, you would be required to submit your academic documents like mark sheets and degrees. Some organizations also require you to upload additional documents like photographs, signature etc.
4. What is the selection criteria for government jobs in the agriculture sector?
The selection process for government jobs can be based on your performance in the written test and/or interview.
5. In which state should I apply for government jobs?
You can choose to apply for government jobs in any state in India. However, the level of competition varies from one state to another.
Government jobs in the agriculture sector can definitely help you secure a good career. These positions offer numerous benefits and offer immense opportunities for growth.
They are a good choice for those who have completed their graduation in agriculture from various universities.